Why do I need additional air purification?
Studies have shown that inadequate ventilation in homes causes indoor air to be up to 2-5x more polluted than outdoor air. With up to 65 million North Americans suffering from asthma (8 million children), allergies or other respiratory issues, these conditions can be triggered by molds, dust and other aggregates. (Studies have also shown that one gram of duct dust can contain up to 50,000 bacteria). A SMART UV Light, GPCO VOC/odor grid & a MERV 10 rated filter will eliminate the “triggers” in your indoor air which cause respiratory discomfort. Many studies have shown UV to be the most effective way of battling indoor air contaminants.
Isn’t my expensive air filter cleaning the air enough?
SMART UV Lights kill viruses and super small bacteria that don’t get trapped by the thickest of furnace/AC filters. Even HEPA filters can’t catch them. Viruses are as small as 0.003 microns and bacteria down to 0.2 microns. HEPA filters, if you’re lucky, claim to catch 0.3 microns, but good luck getting any airflow. Thick filter = minimum air flow, great filtration. Thin filter = maximum air flow, little filtration. Optimum filter (MERV 9-11 rating) = good filtration and good air flow.
How can SMART UV Lights help me?
Studies (Health Magazine) show one out of six people who suffer from allergies do so because of the direct relationship to fungi and bacteria in air duct systems. If you or your family is one of these sufferers, studies show these conditions can be triggered by molds, dust and other indoor contaminants (Institute of Medicine). UV Light can alleviate your symptoms by attacking your triggers such as dust mites, molds and bacteria. By reducing the impact of these triggers, UV Light can alleviate the following: Asthma, Allergies, Hay Fever, Fatigue, Insomnia, Dizziness, Depression, Headaches, shortness-of-breath, coughing and wheezing. Also, when someone in your house catches a virus (cold, flu) the virus will be killed off sooner. Before centralized HVAC existed, ill family members would often get isolated in a dedicated room, so that no one else in the family would get sick. However in modern times, there is no longer a “sick room” because the air in all the rooms is pulled back into the main duct system and re-distributed everywhere in the house. With a SMART UV light system, you can now create that “sick room” once again. The viruses lurking in that room where a family member is ill will eventually get pulled back into the duct system and be killed by the SMART UV light, keeping everyone else in the house at a lower risk of getting sick.